Working fire alarm saves Lakewood family from potential danger [PHOTO]

A Lakewood resident tonight wants to remind others the importance of having a working fire alarm.

This evening, he had candles burning on a glass plate on the counter, while he was sitting in the living room.

The fire alarm suddenly sounded, and though he didn’t smell anything, he went to investigate.

Upon entering the kitchen, he found the plate cracked and in flames, and the counter starting to burn.

He grabbed baking soda and doused the flames before they could spread.

“Baruch Hashem we had a working fire alarm,” he said.

This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected].

Stay up to date with our news alerts by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

**Click here to join over 15,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

**Click here to join the official TLS WhatsApp Community!**

Got a news tip? Email us at [email protected], Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.


  1. Working fire alarms properly placed (call the fire dept if you need help), working escape ladders if you live in a multistory home, fire extinguisher in the kitchen and regular fire drills. Again call your fire dept for assistance, they are the professionals.

  2. Fire alarms are a liberal plot to control people’s lives.

    Who are they to tell you what you should have in your kitchen?

    I know a guy who caught strep two weeks after changing his smoke alarm battery? Coincidence? I think not!


Comments are closed.