With Pesach Cleaning in Full Swing, Hatzolah Reminds Parents the Dangers of St. Moritz Spray

With Pesach cleaning in high gear and after several incidents last year, Hatzolah is reminding parents the dangers of the powerful St. Moritz chemical spray.

The chemical, which appears to be just another cleaning agent available in groceries, was removed from at least two Lakewood groceries last year after children suffered serious – and possibly permanent – injures to their face.

Parents of one child last year requested the graphic picture of their burned child be made public to serve as a reminder to parents to use extreme caution with the chemical.

Even a slight amount of the chemical coming in contact with skin or eyes, can cause irreversible damage.

Alternative – and less-lethal – chemicals are available. TLS.

This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected].

Stay up to date with our news alerts by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

**Click here to join over 15,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

**Click here to join the official TLS WhatsApp Community!**

Got a news tip? Email us at [email protected], Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.


  1. Yes – this product is v/ dangerous. Its also THE best cleaning agent on the market. Store it w/ ur paint thinner, lighter fluid, gas tank etc. RG III. DB IV

  2. I myself have taken in children to the hospital after either touching or tasting a drop of this stuff. It’s incredible how it progresses into something lethal. When we picked up the child in Flatbush it didn’t look so bad. We went to Staten Island and by the time we got there his breathing was going down hill. Don’t buy it! Tell others! It’s Pikuach Nefesh to the highest degree!

  3. Why would I expose not only me but my family to this cleaner, I remember my Mother using vinegar and water to clean, it’s safe and it cleans really well.

  4. I recently saw this on a low shelf in a local lakewood store, I was shocked! It is a dangerous poison! Keep away from kids! Shouldn’t be allowed into our stores at all!

  5. Maybe someone should contact the hashgacha company to inform them of the dangers involved in using and inhaling this product.

  6. vinegar and windex are great, I use both but for your oven you need something stronger if you don’t have self clearn. I am not endorsing it and don’t use it myself but milder cleaners are not for certain jobs.

Comments are closed.