(The following letter was sent home today with Tiny Tots children) Dear Parents, This is a reminder that we will be having an open house tonight for our parents at the Monmouth Avenue location. The purpose of this gathering is for us to be able to explain the “behind the scenes” of the rate increase and for you to be able to offer suggestions and insight as to how we can perhaps meet the escalating costs without increasing your out of pocket expense. It would be beneficial to all if you can take a few moments before the meeting to think about the different benefits provided by Tiny Tots and where you think we can do less without compromising on the quality of care and education.
A few points for you to keep in mind:
1. Tiny Tots is open every day of the year, including Erev Yom Tov and legal holidays. The only days we are closed are Chol Hamoed. We also provide the long hours you need and go later on Friday than what is common in town.
2. We have a full time Education Coordinator on staff. This trained educator is able to ascertain when a child is not up to class level and is able to implement methods to correct. She also works with our teachers and they are accountable to her regarding curriculum and scheduling.
3. Our teachers are all certified and regularly attend workshops of continuing education. There is a full time assistant in each room together with the teacher. The centers, toys and activities are geared to the children’s age and are chosen for their educational value. Trips and special projects complement what is taught in the classroom and bring the lessons alive.
4. We keep our class size to a maximum of 17 students thereby ensuring that your child receives more individualized attention and emphasis on his/her development.
5. We are a licensed center with certified cleaning service. We also have strict rules of hygiene including latex gloves for every diaper change and clean paper on the changing table for each child.
6. We provide snacks and drinks each day. We also have excellent awareness of allergies and have implemented the proper steps to preventing allergic reactions.
7. We provide cribs, pack ‘n plays and resting mats. Your baby does not sleep in an infant seat or stroller and your toddler has official naptime.
8. We have an exciting playground on premises. We also have the value of the children not being contained in one room – they can always take a walk around the building or visit another class. Interaction between classes is also an important part of social development.
As you know, at Tiny Tots we strive to provide quality education in the best environment. We take pride in the standards we have set. We do not want to compromise on this quality, yet understand your concern of the rising cost.
I am hopeful that together we will come to a decision that will be good for you and for your child.