The sound of an explosion taught a local resident not to keep old chemical-filled and pressurized cans around the home.
At about 1:30 a.m. one night last week, a resident was startled from bed after hearing an explosion inside his home.
The resident tells TLS he went downstairs to investigate, and came across the messy scene.
“I found the heavy (glass) bathroom door blown open, the bathroom cabinets blown open, and the exploded can on the other side of the bathroom,” the resident related. “Luckily nobody was in the bathroom at the time – it could have caused serious injury.”
It turns out, it was an old Ortho House Plant Insect Control spray that exploded, the resident said, leaving the bathroom covered in the chemical, and a strong odor throughout the home.
“Don’t keep cans for long,” he warned.
On the plus side, he probably won’t have any house plant insects in his bathroom for a long time!!
How about DPW letting us know how to dispose of these potentially lethal explosive devices? Trash can stickers? SWAT vehicles? Thank you in advance.
Comments are closed.