Mispallelim Evacuate After Trash Can Catches Fire In Satmar Bais Medrash

fire damage satmarPHOTOS: A small fire in the Satmar Bais Medrash caused the Mispallim to evacuate the Shul this evening. A reader who was at the Shul at the time tells TLS the trash bin in the main Bais Medrash caught fire and all went running – some called 911 while others went to grab some water.

The fire was extinguished before it managed to spread.

There were no injuries reported and the Fire Department is working on clearing the smoke condition.

The cause of the fire is unconfirmed at this time. Credits: SG.

This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected].

Stay up to date with our news alerts by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

**Click here to join over 20,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

**Click here to join the official TLS WhatsApp Community!**

Got a news tip? Email us at [email protected], Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.


  1. i wast here BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER It actually happened to help put it out. there was NOONE!!! Smoking there You smell someone smoking immediately throughout the building on the rare occasion that it may happen.We actually were all in the other rooms and hallway and thought that the fire alarm went off as does many times when the stem is on too high so we all just ignored it first. it is simply NOT ALLOWED OR TOLLERATED THERE! Hope that sets things clear!

  2. “…there was NOONE!!! Smoking there”…”…it is simply NOT ALLOWED OR TOLLERATED THERE!…”

    OK. So no-one was smoking. Then how did it start?

Comments are closed.