Important Kiddush Levana Update | Rabbi Moshe Flohr

Due to a low atmospheric pressure system off the atlantic coast, the next 5 days will see clouds and/or rain. This is because to the west of us there is a high pressure system which is keeping the low pressure system from moving out and clearing up.

Because of this, there will be very limited time to say Kiddush Levana, especially if you wait until after Yom Kippur. Right now, the forecast is for clouds and rain on Motzoei Yom Kippur as well as Thursday night. There is a “slight” chance for Motzoei Shabbos.
The first night of Sukkos looks to be clear so you would be able to say it then if you were unable to before.
TONIGHT, RIGHT NOW UNTIL APPROXIMATELY 10:30 PM THERE IS A LEVANA, though it is going in and out of the clouds. But there are breaks where you can see it clearly.
While the minhag as brought down in the Rema is to wait until after Yom Kippur, there are many who say that if it is a time where there are clouds and or rain which are expected to last for a few days, you should NOT wait.
Please ask your Rov for further instructions.
G’mar Chasima Tova
Moishe Flohr
This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected].

Stay up to date with our news alerts by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

**Click here to join over 15,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

**Click here to join the official TLS WhatsApp Community!**

Got a news tip? Email us at [email protected], Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.


Comments are closed.