UPDATED: Toddler Airlifted with Serious Burns

A toddler was airlifted to the hospital after suffering serious burns this evening, officials confirm to TLS. The child, 2, was reportedly burned after a hot pot of soup overturned at the home.

“Evidence at the scene suggests that the children (twins) may have opened the oven door and then stood on it causing the pot of soup to topple over on them,” said Detective Sergeant Greg Staffordsmith.

Hatzolah BLS and AlS members treated the patient and requested a medevac.

The child was flown to the Saint Barnabas Burn Center with severe burns.

The twin suffered minor injuries and was transported to a local Doctor.

The name for Tehillim is Malka bas Shaindel. [TLS]


This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected].

Stay up to date with our news alerts by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

**Click here to join over 20,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

**Click here to join the official TLS WhatsApp Community!**

Got a news tip? Email us at [email protected], Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.


  1. Usually when a stove is installed a metal plate is attached to the wall which hooks into the stove and prevents the stove from “tipping over”.

    Seems like this stove did not have this done.

  2. it should have been installed when the stove was put it. It is checked for at inspection if the appliance is there. Get well to the child.

  3. i have been trying to find good safety equipment to look the oven doors when on. Does anyone have ideas? What I find unfortunate is that the self clean lock cant be used when the oven is on. why not. the oven can be locked that way even when on which would make it so much safer when small children are around that are able to stand up

Comments are closed.