Approximately 120 children are being checked out at a Lakewood playgroup after high levels of carbon monoxide and were found inside a building, officials confirmed to TLS.
Building managers tell TLS there was construction being done inside the Somerset Avenue building at the time and immediately after the alarm sounded the building was evacuated.
Upon arrival, a Mass Casualty Incident (MCI) was declared due to the amount of possible patients.
The children were all guided out by their Moras, some carried out in playpens and car seats.
Doctors and paramedics are on scene checking out the children inside an inflatable tent set up on Somerset Avenue. As of 1:40 PM, one adult has been transported to the hospital.
Follow @LakewoodScoop for this developing story.
This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS.
Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha.
To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected]
Stay up to date via our news alerts, by sending ‘follow LakewoodScoop’ to the number ‘40404’ or via Twitter @LakewoodScoop
Got news? Email us at [email protected], text us 415-857-2667, tweet us @LakewoodScoop.
EXCLUSIVE VIDEO – Including interview with Police Commissioner and Liaison Meir Lichtenstein.
What is the name or address?
Ages of children?
what is MCI
Mass casualty incident
Approximately 120 ? 12 ?
first of all..MCI stands for “multi casualty incident”…second of all…kudos toall the professional and volunteer members who handled the situation effeciently and keeping a calm atmosphere….interesting..the volunteer jewish organizations did not have any problem working alongside and at the direction of the lapd and lafd. print that..asbury parkpress!!
A this a daycare or play group?
If they say it’s a play group it’s a play group. If it was a daycare they would certainly have all of the required certifications and inspections. There’s absolutely nothing nefarious about a 120 kid strong play group….in cribs.
It’s a legal licensed day care that has all the required certifications and permits. Some construction was being done at premises, which caused the alarm to go off. Once it went off, all evacuated. Thank goodness for working alarms to prevent tragedies.
Comments are closed.