3 Year Old Lakewood Child Burned By St. Moritz Spray

Yet another child was injured after being burned by the St. Moritz oven spray, Hatzolah confirms to TLS. The Lakewood child, 3, came in contact with the bottle and mistakenly sprayed it in his face, narrowly missing his eye. The child suffered a serious rash on his face.

Hatzolah transported the child to Jersey Shore Medical Center.

Hatzolah members both in Lakewood and in NY have strongly encouraged stores to remove the lethal spray from their shelves. To date, at least two groceries have removed the spray.

This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected].

Stay up to date with our news alerts by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

**Click here to join over 15,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

**Click here to join the official TLS WhatsApp group!**

Got a news tip? Email us at [email protected], Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.

Check out the latest on TLS instagram

38 COMMENTS

  1. WHY ARE PARENTS NOT TREATING CHEMICALS LIKE THEY WOULD TREAT A LOADED GUN?

    Chemicals are not only explosive, but deadly. Parents, its time you paid a little more attention to what you are doing when you bring hazardous materials, sharp objects, and other dangerous things around your children! Time to stop yapping on the phone while cleaning, time to stop & think about what you are doing. It absolutely amazes me how parents could be so careless to leave children in a hot car, or dangerous items within a child’s reach.

  2. Absolutely right mr. conservative. It is a parent’s job to make sure their child is safe at all times. It is understandable if adults are busy these days in their hectic lives. But think about it. If you’re raising six children and want them to grow into mature adults, keeping them safe is one of the best ways to raise them into the adults they should grow to be. It’s one of the most important life skills a child needs to learn. So please, let’s do our best to keep our children safe and keep them away from harmful objects.

  3. And I’ve seen numerous times a young mother come into a bagel shop for a coffee, and put the child down on the floor directly in front of the coffee station, and then go to pay. Please, think about what you’re doing when you have children.

  4. Wishing him a refuah shelaima and speedy recovery!!
    Mistakes do unfortunately happen… Though it would be a help if stores can help prevent it!

  5. Come on store owners..why take it off your shelves??? You can make another buck!! Isn’t that what life is all about? Who cares if kids get burned or damaged for life? You made another buck and that’s all that counts.

  6. To #5. It’s not the spray. The story says the 3 year old had the chemical and sprayed himself in the face. Idk what chemical is safe for a kid to play with like a toy.

  7. to #7:
    A store is allowed to sell anything they can market. It does not mean you have to buy it. Stop trying to always put the blame on someone else. Yes, the store is allowed to make money. It is up to the consumer to choose wisely. In this instance, the mother of small children has no business buying such a caustic substance or at least she should be extra vigilant when using and disposing of it.

  8. #3 I am bothered by parents who send there children shopping at a young age for milk or eggs, etc and paying with a parents credit card…I usually refuse unless I know the child’s parents. But I wonder, the child is walking alone with a credit card…. where are the mothers?

  9. i work in a retail store that the lakewood community shops alot their was two instances that happened on a sunday….the mother was checking out and her 2 yr old was in the other section of the store she didn even realize he was missing…..another time a women left two of her children outside in front of the store and the kids were screaming…another patron brought them inside and we found the mother in the women aisle shopping with her other 5 kids…..having children is a blessing you should always watch your children at all times if u have 6 kids then bing help with you to the stores

  10. all cleaning products should be kept in a locked cabinet or on a shelf that can not be reached by a child only an adult, even if the child put a chair to reach it put it out of there reach. personally i would use vinegar and water, the best cleaning product on the market and the price is right.

  11. The child is a little girl who is doing b’h ok; by miracle the spray missed the eye and hopefully she’ll have no scar left from the burn under the eye. Please stop blaming the mother who is a very responsible parent.
    I love how people make it sound like the mother just left St Moritz lying around like a toy in the child’s re

  12. …wiithin the child’s reach, without knowing what actually happened. She told me that she now realizes that even though she always made sure to take all the necessary precautions to keep the spray safe, she sees that accidents can still happen, and she will obviously never get St Moritz into her house again.

  13. I agree with number 1. Lots of innocent household items can be dangerous to small children if not used properly. Common medicines and any cleaners should be kept out of reach of children. Its about time that parents started accepting more responsibility and stop blaming shopkeepers or the products. Yes; accidents will still unfortunately happen, but we must do as much as we can to prevent them.

  14. A few children got burned by hot water urns or by a hot coffee that spilled over, etc. Think, plan, be extra cautious. Refuah shlaima bisoich choilei yisroel.

  15. I hope the child is ok and will recover soon. As for the blame being put on the parent, things happen so fast, and give her some credit, she obviously cares if she was going through some trouble cleaning…perhaps she was juggling 2 or 3 tasks at once, after all, she is a “Mom”

  16. #3 I am bothered by parents who send there children shopping at a young age for milk or eggs, etc and paying with a parents credit card
    What ? you cannot use someone elses credit card , even if its a relative
    are they forging the name when they sign ?

  17. IF DR.SHANIK SAYS NOT TO BRING IT INTO YOUR HOUSE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE SMARTER THAN HIM? HE KNOWS ALL THE ARGUMENTS ABOUT IT ETC.& STILL SAYS NOT TO BRING IT INTO YOUR HOUSE!!!! DONT BE AN OIBER CHOCHOM !!!! IF YOU TRUST DR. SHANIK WITH OTHER ISSUES TRUST HIM WITH THIS ONE TOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

  18. I dont understand why St. Moritz is legal as a household item in America if it is such a danger to anyone that comes in contact with it.

    #26: Dr Shanik is a great doctor, but I think its common sense. We dont have to be told what to do in every aspect of our lives. Hashem gave us Chachmah, Binah, and Daas for a reason. Thanks for your input though.

  19. to #23 there is no reason parents should be sending their little kids to the grocery store with a credit card. if you need to buy stuff plan better do your shopping at night. i work all day from 8:45am until 7:00pm and i do my shopping at night when my husband is home and he watches the kids. if i really need something there is always neigbhors.

  20. Bleach, mr clean, windex,vitamins,aspiran,medicine,hot water,bug spray,washing detergent, almost everything in the home is dangerous if not monitered. In my day we were told what we were not allowed to touch and the cleaning stuff was kept high up where we could not reach it.
    When using it has to be watched and put away as soon as you finish using it.
    Teach your children,don’t expect others to.

  21. I WISH I WAS MR CONSERVATIVE’S SON!

    Sounds so intelligent and non-judgemental.
    His children must all be Rhodes Scholars and the pride of Lakewood.

  22. this all ” atzas hayetzer “. the satan wants the “chumrius” represented by chametz to remain in our homes. THEIR IS NO OTHER CLEANER THAT CAN PROPERLY MAKE EVERY DROP ” EIN RAUY LACHILAS KELEV”!!!

  23. Stop putting your cordless phones in the thichel when cleaning. I know you need 2 hands you also need 2 eyes to watch the children it blocks your peripheral vision and watch the kids.

  24. #31:
    “I WISH I WAS MR CONSERVATIVE’S SON!
    Sounds so intelligent and non-judgemental.
    His children must all be Rhodes Scholars and the pride of Lakewood.”

    your very immature to bring my children into attempting to insult me. i would NEVER blame your children, or drag them into a conversation where i chose to criticize you, or belittle you in anyway as you have done to me- WITHOUT EVER EVEN MEETING ME. your comment added nothing to this topic, but it spoke volumes about your mental capacity.

  25. to #27 the torah commands ushmartem es nafshesechem,which means you have to protect your lives & even though we have chacmah binah & daas ,if the top docter tells you not to bring something into your house because of danger you are obligated to listen because of this mitzvah in the torah & because of common sense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments are closed.