UPDATE: Overloaded extension cord likely cause of Lakewood home fire

An overloaded extension cord was likely what caused the fire that destroyed a Lakewood home last night, an official told TLS.

The Fire ripped through the home around 7:30 PM.

The home’s occupants managed to escape the home in time, but one firefighter suffered burns.

Authorities are still investigating.

This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected].

Stay up to date with our news alerts by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

**Click here to join over 15,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

**Click here to join the official TLS WhatsApp group!**

Got a news tip? Email us at [email protected], Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.

Check out the latest on TLS instagram