Smoke Detectors Credited For Saving Family From Early Morning Fire

Working smoke detectors are credited for saving a Lakewood family from an early morning home fire, an official tells TLS. Shortly after 2 AM this morning, the smoke detectors in a Cedar Row home went off, waking the family and giving them enough time to escape safely.

The fire, which quickly filled the home with smoke, reportedly started from a bathroom fan, an official said.

The home suffered extensive damage, and the family was taken in by relatives.

The Ocean County Fire Marshal’s office is investigating. (TLS-89/TLS-CCP).

This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected].

Stay up to date with our news alerts by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

**Click here to join over 20,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

**Click here to join the official TLS WhatsApp Community!**

Got a news tip? Email us at [email protected], Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.


  1. Thank you all units for responding on such a frigid night. No words can express how much we appreciate the LPD LFD LFA EMS and all the other that help Thank you

  2. these bathroom fans are very dangerous and can never be left on they are meant to be on for a short time only and they should NEVER be left on over shabbos

  3. I agree wholeheartedly with #2 my son had a similar situation fan overheated stated a fire B”H no one was injured fire damage was limited to bathroom thanks to LFD BUT water and smoke damage was extensive

  4. the bathroom vent fans need to have their covers removed (when not turned on) and the dust vacuumed out. The dust collects around the windings of the motor and the shaft of the blade and the cover which all contribute to it over heating and causing the motor to start to burn, and then it extends to the housing and plastic cover, and the wood framing of the ceiling joists.

Comments are closed.