[APPLICATION BELOW] The Ocean County Fire Marshal’s Office is asking the Lakewood Community that if they are planning to have a Lag Baomer fire on Wednesday night May 25th or Thursday May 26, 2016 to please follow the information below:
◦ They must submit a permit application with layout and $42.00 fee (check or money order only) to our Office by 4:30 PM on Friday May 20, 2016 so that our staff can visit the sites prior to the fires commencing, to make sure they meet all of the bonfire requirements and make notice to the proper agencies (Lakewood Police and Fire Depts.). Permit applications can be dropped off at our Office at Ocean County Park, 659 Ocean Ave Lakewood: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
◦ If a permit affects traffic or needs police assistance please contact Lakewood Police Dept. Traffic Safety Unit and attach their approval letter with application.
◦ We ask that you provide the most accurate time for the fire to begin since we set our schedule up based on the time on the application. If the time must change after the application is submitted please let us know at least 48 hours prior.
◦ We are asking that you follow the bonfire regulations and set up a 10’ – 15’ safety area around the bonfire (depending on the bonfire size) for protection of the attendees to watch the fire safely. No fires are to be set up on the ground with wood chips or mulch as a base.
•You must use clean wood, use no flammable liquids to start the fire, have a garden hose with a good water source to be able to extinguish and manage the fire. Cotton balls soaked in olive oil in an approved metal pan are also acceptable.
◦ Do not start the fire until a Fire Marshal has inspected your site and given approval to light it.
◦ Anyone who does not have an approved Permit will have their fire extinguished and can be subject to penalties for the extinguishment.
• There will be strict compliance with the size of the fire
• (5’x 5’ x 5’) due to weather issues and available open space. All applicants are asked to stay tuned to their weather stations for the current weather conditions. If a Fire Marshal asks for you to reduce the size of the fire please follow their directions because they may have a reason for it to be reduced due to the weather conditions at the time. If anyone has any questions please call our Office at 732-370-7360 Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
Click here to download a permit application, and here for the requirements.