Planning is already underway for the 2017-2018 school year busing.
“As the school year progresses towards Pesach, we wanted to give you a brief update and let you know about the plans for the future,” LSTA Director Avraham Krawiec said.
1) As of now, 97.5 percent of Lakewood students have bus routes. We continue our efforts to get more routes picked up and will do so until every route has been picked up. There have been bus routes that have started as recently as this week.
2) As the effort for this year continues, planning is well underway for the 2017-2018 school year. We have received all the bus forms from over 50 schools and will be routing and bidding schools in the order that we receive their forms. It is important to assist your children’s school to have them bid and routed in time by sending in your forms as directed by each school.
3) Our new 2017 maps have been fully updated and in the process of being installed. This will result in the most updated mapping for all students and allow us to route for the beginning of the upcoming year.
4) Many of the over 50 buses from local vendors that were moved out of Lakewood for this year (due to our late start) are expected to be back for this upcoming school year. This will result in a greater supply of busses and drivers. We very much appreciate the efforts of all the vendors during this challenging year. We also appreciate the ongoing collaboration with the district.
5) The first bid for the 2017- 2018 school year will be taking place shortly after Pesach. Our goal is to complete the process well before the end of the school year.
While this year has been challenging for many, we look forward to doing what has to be done now so we can hit the ground running the first day of next school year.
Thank you for your comments, questions and recommendations.
Can we make sure that the routes that got last licks this year at least get priarity for next year. This year was a complete disaster with me driving 3 routes both ways until this week!!
Thanks soo much for your continued efforts! My son finally got bussing this week for the way home!! We are truly grateful!
Thank you for the reassurance.
1)Can we please have bus routes that actually make sense (bus routes that at the nearest intersection) so that kids don’t have to walk 7 minutes to their bus stop?
2)Can the routes be fair? For example, if kids are first on then they are not last off?
I am really happy to see that the routes are being done based on when the school gets their paperwork in.
Maybe share the list so that people can push their schools to get their act together
Thank you for all of your help.
I know of two schools that are very small and both don’t have bussing. They are located next door to each other. Is there any way that schools like this could be “combined” and have one route that would pick up children from both schools? That way, the routes would have more children and the bus companies would be able to make a profit on these routes, and the schools might actually get bussing.
still don’t have bussing home for either school, boys or girls and haven’t received any aid in luei money despite numerous emails and requests. all very frustrating.
still don’t have busing the way home. Terrible year!
I still haven’t received my aid in lieu either. It probably only covers a small percentage of the expense I incurred driving my kids to school but at least it’s something. Hope we get it soon. I also tried emailing and talking to the office but they aren’t very responsive.
Please don’t report how many people got busing. It hurts those that don’t have busing. It hurts when people give their thanks and compliments for providing MOST of Lakewood busing at this point when there are some of us who did not have busing the whole year and still don’t have and are suffering tremendously.
how about an article about how many people are still waiting for bussing or their checks? we’re the transparency here. Doesn’t add up
Well hope its 100 times better then last year…..
And dont know why i had to pay money for next year bussing now. Not fair.
Comments are closed.