Lakewood Mayor Ray Coles responds to your ‘Ask The Mayor’ questions: Section 8

The following is an ‘Ask The Mayor’ question submitted to TLS, and the Mayor’s response. Email your questions for the Mayor to [email protected].


To the Mayor of Lakewood,

Can u make that i should get section 8 asap. i do not receive it now.


Response from Mayor Coles:

Good morning,

Section 8 funds are not given out through the township. You must apply to the Lakewood Housing Authority or LTRAP. There are also vouchers made available through the county and several private non profit housing agencies.

If you need help navigating this process, please reach out to the mayor’ office at town hall and we will do our best to assist you.



Have a question for the Mayor? Send it to [email protected]

Have a question for the Chief? Send it to [email protected]

This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected].

Stay up to date with our news alerts by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

**Click here to join over 15,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

**Click here to join the official TLS WhatsApp Community!**

Got a news tip? Email us at [email protected], Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.


  1. Dearest Mr. Meyer Coles,
    Can you make for me added 1 room to my house. Me my lady is with (kini hora) 8 Heligeh Kinderlach and the house is very crowdful.
    Ooshee Zeylig

  2. Afaik, it’s now nearly impossible to find a rental anywhere that will fit into HUD’s fair market values. As rental prices have skyrocketed, HUD’s rates have not followed suit.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Answer the question below to prove you\'re human *