Lakewood Airport Receives $270,000 State Grant

Lakewood Airport will receive a grant of nearly $270,000 from the state to help with construction on the runway.

The grant is one of nine FY23 Airport Improvement Program grants statewide, totaling more than $4.5 million in state funds to support airport safety and improvement projects.

These grants, which leverage state funding and airport contributions, will support more than $4.9 million worth of work, the governor’s office said.

Grants are awarded through a competitive process, with an emphasis on projects designed to enhance safety, remove obstructions, rehabilitate existing facilities and equipment, and make capital improvements.

The projects receiving funds this year include runway rehabilitation, taxiway construction, lighting improvements, obstruction removal, and safety improvements at nine airports in six counties throughout the state.

The nine FY23 grants will be funded solely through NJDOT’s Transportation Trust Fund and Airport Safety Fund, with the state providing 90 percent of the eligible cost and the remaining 10 percent covered by the airport owner.

The Murphy Administration has invested more than $28.5 million in New Jersey’s general aviation airports to date, leveraging an additional $57.2 million in federal grants and $5.9 million from airport owners, for a total of $91.6 million to support New Jersey’s General Aviation Airports and aeronautics infrastructure.

This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected].

Stay up to date with our news alerts by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

**Click here to join over 20,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

**Click here to join the official TLS WhatsApp Community!**

Got a news tip? Email us at [email protected], Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.


Comments are closed.