If you are leaving for Shabbos Chanukah, be sure to:
1) Never leave home with candles burning.
2) Leave lights on in your home – preferably on a timer.
3) Check that your windows and doors – including your car doors – are locked.
4) Leave a contact number with a neighbor in case of an emergency.
5) Leave a car parked in your driveway.
If you’re staying home for Shabbos, keep an extra eye out in your neighborhood for any suspicious activity, and report it immediately to any patrolling officer.
Wishing you an enjoyable and Happy Shabbos Chanukah.
Chief Greg Meyer.