Fire leaves Boro Park family with no home or possessions for Pesach

[COMMUNICATED] The fire at a Boro Park house yesterday totally destroyed the apartment, leaving a family of 8 with no home and no possessions two weeks before Pesach.

The blaze gutted the home on 14th Ave. and 52nd Street late Wednesday afternoon. It began when the boiler exploded and rapidly spread to the first floor apartment of the young couple.

Vivid imagery shows the devastation wrought inside. The kitchen is almost all black from the fire, with a stack of popcorn on a shelf, popped apparently by the heat.

The apartment dwellers, New Yorkers who recently returned from living in Eretz Yisroel for their formative years of marriage, split up their family as they contemplate their next move. The children were taken in by an uncle while the parents stay with neighbors.

Several stores opened up for the family, delivering clothes and basic necessities.

Askonim involved estimate they need $100,000 to get them back on their feet.

Rav Shmuel Dishon, who knows the family intimately, is heading the campaign.

This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected].

Stay up to date with our news alerts by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

**Click here to join over 20,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

**Click here to join the official TLS WhatsApp Community!**

Got a news tip? Email us at [email protected], Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.