Fire Department Extinguishes Large Dumpster Fire Possibly Caused By Cigarette

VIDEO: The Fire Department last night extinguished a large dumpster fire near the Minyan Shelanu in what appears to be an accidental fire, according to a source from Minyan Shelanu. The fire was reported approximately 10:00 PM last night, several minutes after a student reportedly flicked a cigarette into the trash-filled dumpster parked in the lot.

The fire was extingushed without incident, and nobody was injured. TLS/Video credit: Lakewood Shopper.

This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected].

Stay up to date with our news alerts by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

**Click here to join over 15,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

**Click here to join the official TLS WhatsApp Community!**

Got a news tip? Email us at [email protected], Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.


  1. For those unaware of such rules- It is against the law to throw any debris out your car window, and that includes cigarettes. You can wind up with a hefty fine on your hands.

    And as the poster above me wrote, if you are going to litter, step on the cigarette, and ensure the fire is completely out before walking away. I’ve seen these kinds of things happen a lot more than most may think. We were lucky to have noticed the small fire forming all those times…

    Let this incident be a lesson to all who smoke.

  2. FYI:
    A) It was not a student. It seems to have been a trespasser, as people do tend to use the backyard as a shortcut to other streets.

    B) The culprit may be a habitual trespasser. There’s a possibility that this trespasser has even trespassed into this country.

    (there have been fires started by “habitual trespassers” hanging out back there in the passed.)

    Thank G-d, no one got hurt.
    Thanks to the almost immediate response of the LPD & LFD.

  3. # 4 you seem to have a lot of information as to who caused the fire and who didnt caused it ? The past few years there seems to be many “habitual trespassers/” caused fires in that area of Ocean Ave.

Comments are closed.