Family Saved By Carbon Monoxide Detector

Rob 7401(EXCLUSIVE) A Young Lakewood family from Carolina Street-near Brookhill- is lucky to be alive today after being exposed to large amounts of Carbon Monoxide during the night. At about 5:25 a.m. this morning, the Yungerman woke up to the ringing of his Carbon Monoxide detector and immediately called the Fire Department. The Fire Department arrived minutes later and tested the air, which was found to be at a fatal level-especially near the bedrooms. The Yungerman and his family were ordered to immediately vacate the home. The home was properly ventilated and the family was allowed back in after approximately a half hour. “Another couple of hours of this and you could have proven fatal-especially in the younger ones” the firefighter told the Yungerman.

TLS spoke with the Yungerman who said “The first thing I wanted to do, is get this story out and tell my friends about it”. “People have got to make sure they have working Carbon Monoxide detectors in their homes” he said. “It can be a difference of life and death”. 

He would also like to thank the FD and especially Rob (Pictured) who he said was “extremely professional and thorough yet courteous and very kind” during the very tense situation. TLS

This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected].

Stay up to date with our news alerts by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

**Click here to join over 20,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

**Click here to join the official TLS WhatsApp Community!**

Got a news tip? Email us at [email protected], Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.


  1. We should thank the fire inspector Ralph LaTiffe (sorry if I spelled it wrong) for being so careful with this. My CO was delayed for them and it was an annoyance, but in the emd they payed off. When I thanked Ralph he told me that he lost family members to CO

  2. I have seen this fireman in my development before. Our neighbor had a problem in thier home. Afterwards the fireman spent some time outside talking with children in the neighborhood. Thank you Lakewood firemen for your dedication.

Comments are closed.