Our company is a premier Importer/Distributor of Consumer Goods, with its fundamental strength being its innovation, creativity and dedication to creating premium products. We work in an energetic team atmosphere, and believe much of the success of our phenomenal growth is our commitment to developing our employee’s potential. We are committed to building our company with upbeat, talented, motivated persons, who will continue to uphold our mission of being a market leader, by innovation and servicing our customer with extreme dedication.
The Director of Purchasing leads the Purchasing and Sourcing functions of the company by managing this group and works closely with internal business leaders and employees to optimize the purchasing function. This position is responsible for implementing methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most efficient flow of materials from sourcing to receiving dock. This individual will drive positive company results through strategic negotiations, controlling costs and inventories, forging strong vendor-partner relationships and implementing processes to support current and future business opportunities. The function works closely with the Sales Group to understand the business strategies for product lines and strategically aligns our procurement practices and supply chain in support of the business strategy. This is a fun position for an individual who likes to impact positive results and initiate change in an organization that is well established but entrepreneurial at the same time!
- Develop and direct cost saving projects by challenging supplier pricing and creating negotiating strategies. Negotiate, renegotiate, and administer contracts with suppliers, vendors, and other representatives.
- Establish and maintain strong vendor relationships, periodically meeting with suppliers to enhance communication, ensure that The Company’s objectives are well understood, and share performance expectations. Travel to China and Europe to assess supplier capabilities and establish rapport with the necessary contacts.
- Develop and execute forward looking sourcing strategies. Understands supplier markets and anticipates changes in market conditions, reliability of supply and supply economics.
- Provide leadership to the Purchasing / Sourcing team by developing employee’s strength and providing hands on direction with regard to negotiations, inventory planning and qualifying vendors to a very energetic group
- Must have 5 years of Asia purchasing experience with the ability to travel overseas up to three times a year. Past experience with commodities is a great plus.
- Successful track record of developing, implementing and driving company-wide planning and purchasing business practices.
- Result oriented and willing to walk the extra mile to obtain the best results for each project.
Competitive Package and Benefits and a great company that you will want to call home!
Please email us, all inquiries will be kept confidential.
[email protected] or please call 732-415-1160