[DOWNLOAD PERMIT HERE] The Ocean County Fire Marshal’s Office is asking the Lakewood Community that if they are planning to have a Lag Baomer fire on Saturday night May 17 or Sunday May 18, 2014 to please follow the information below: (Submitted by the Fire Marshal’s Office)
- Ø They must submit a permit application with a $42.00 fee (check or money order only) to our Office by 12:00 PM on Wednesday May 14, 2014 so that our staff can visit the sites prior to the fires commencing, to make sure they meet all of the bonfire requirements and make notice to the proper agencies (Lakewood Police and Fire Depts.). Permit applications can be dropped off at our Office at Ocean County Park 659 Ocean Ave Lakewood Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.
- Ø We are asking that you follow the bonfire regulations and set up a 10’ – 15’ safety area around the bonfire (depending on the bonfire size) for protection of the attendees to watch the fire safely. No fires are to be set up on the ground with wood chips or mulch as a base.
- Ø You must use clean wood, use no flammable liquids to start the fire, have a garden hose with a good water source to be able to extinguish and manage the fire.
- Ø Do not start the fire until a Fire Marshal has inspected your site and given approval to light it.
- Ø Anyone who does not have an approved Permit will have their fire extinguished and can be subject to penalties for the extinguishment.
- Ø There will be strict compliance with the size of the fire due to weather issues we experienced at last year’s fires and the recent Pesach fires. The fire may need to be reduced depending on the weather conditions at the time. All applicants are asked to stay tuned to their weather stations for the current weather conditions. If a Fire Marshal asks for you to reduce the size of the fire please follow their directions because they may have a reason for it to be reduced due to the weather conditions at the time.
If anyone has any questions please call our Office at 732-370-7360 Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM.