The Chometz burning sites will be open on Friday from 7:00 AM at the following locations around Lakewood:
- Patrick Park 1000 Vine Street – Baseball Parking lot.
- Frank Bartoff Park Brook Road – Parking lot.
- Khal Zichron Yaakov – 175 Sunset Road – Parking lot.
- BMG 7th Street and Private Way – Parking lot.
- BMG 9th and Clifton Avenue – Parking Lot.
- Blue Claws Stadium
Chometz Burning Guidelines from the Ocean County Fire Marshal’s Office:
- No bottles of beer, whiskey, or any alcohol related items or aerosol containers are to be put into the fire as they can cause an explosion and injure the participants.
- Please don’t wrap items in foil because they do not burn.
- We are stressing again this year please do not bring plastic containers and/or plastic bags to be thrown into the fire . Fire Marshal’s may ask to check bags or containers for non – permitted items. Please limit the amount of these items because they will fill the containers very fast and not leave enough room for other people’s items. These items should be put into recycling or trash and not burned.
- After placing the Chometz into the fire please move back with your children and families so other people can put their Chometz in the fire safely.
- The fires will start between 7 & 8 AM. Please be at the sites no later than 12:00 noon to have your Chometz placed in the fire. The fires will be extinguished by 12:30 PM.
- Please keep away from the metal containers (ESPECIALLY CHILDREN) as the containers get HOT over time and could cause injuries.
- Please use the Permitted Public burn sites for Chometz Burning. The Fire Dept will extinguish non – permitted Chometz Burning sites.
- Please listen to the directions of the Ocean County Fire Marshal’s Personnel and Lakewood Police Crossing Guards at each site for your safety and follow the parking rules. Everyone have a safe Chometz Burning and an enjoyable Passover.
Why write 7:00 if at 7:10 there’s nothing happening at the three places I went to. No one there even getting ready to begin. If you’re providing a service, please have in mind the ones that need to light early too.
TLS times are a a mistake, (hey it can happen), it was never scheduled for 7. All burns begin at 8.
To Jbw: We were given an official start time of 7:00 AM, so that’s the information we put out.
Comments are closed.