Child In Serious Condition After Ingesting Paraffin

Hatzaolah rushed a young child to the hospital just before Shabbos after the child ingested  paraffin, TLS has learned. The child, approximately 5, reportedly took the glass off the Shabbos table or counter and apparently mistook it for water.

Hatzolah was called after the mother noticed that the child was not behaving and responding normally.

The child was transported to the hospital in critical condition, and remains in stable condition this evening. TLS-CCP.

This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected].

Stay up to date with our news alerts by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

**Click here to join over 15,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

**Click here to join the official TLS WhatsApp Community!**

Got a news tip? Email us at [email protected], Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.


  1. That stuff is deadly get it out of your house they should restrict the perchasing of that stuff like a loaded gun. Just a teaspoon of it can kill a 5 year old in a short time

  2. Harugil B’Nair Havin Lay Bnin Talmidai Chachomim. (Shab. 22b) Dont worry, keep on fulfilling the Mitzvah according to your best intentions.

  3. Are there other options to use that are less dangerous? And if yes, everyone please disregard comment number 3.
    V’nishmartem me’od l’nafshoseichem (Torah)

  4. parifine is clear and nicer looking than olive oil.
    Better to use the neironim candles that are made from parafine and only turn to liquid when it gets hot and a fire burns. Kids don’t mistake it for water.

  5. the child is still in need of a major refua shleima. the name of the child will not be released. to learn from this story stop using fancy paraffin to make the shabbos table look fancier and keep to the basic old school candles.

  6. I dont understand why store in town like Judaica Plaza and westgate sell this stuff on their shelves, especially in diffrent colors that would attract a curious kid? I read online that half a teaspoon could kill an adult! They should really stop selling this Poison period. All the stores in town should pull St Moritz and Parrafin off their shelves fpr good. How much money do they make off these items that its worth putiing it in the hands uf unsuspecting parents

Comments are closed.