Carbon Monoxide Detector Saves Lakewood Family

A family was saved today after a functioning Carbon Monoxide detector sounded in their home, TLS has learned. At about 11:45 AM, the Fire Department responded to a 14th Street home for a CO Alarm, police say, and upon arrival found the CO level to be at approximately 600 ppm (parts per million).

Hatzolah and EMS were both dispatched to the scene, but the residents did not have to be transported, officials confirmed.

Being that Carbon Monoxide is an odorless, colorless and tasteless gas, it’s hard to detect, unless the home has an operating detector.

At the levels reached in this home today, the gas could have proven fatal in several hours, officials say.

It’s unknown at this time what caused the CO leak. TLS-CCP/TLS-MK/TLS-RRY.

This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected].

Stay up to date with our news alerts by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

**Click here to join over 15,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

**Click here to join the official TLS WhatsApp Community!**

Got a news tip? Email us at [email protected], Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.

9 COMMENTS

  1. Always had one upstairs in the bedrooms. Just added one on first floor in hallway off kitchen near stairs going up.

    Check your batteries…

  2. i asked an electrician about putting a carbon downstairs he said its illegal to put in 3 places kitchen unfinished attic and garage reason being they go off falsely and home owners tend to ignore put it only in bed rooms

  3. These devices are a very wise investment, if you don’t have one by now go out and pick one up and install it inside your home.

    Now is the time to change the batteries in all of your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors located inside your home.

  4. Please remember that any Carbon Monoxide detector should be replaced every 5 years. They have a sensor inside that goes bad over time. After 7 years most emit an audible warning to remind you to replace it. The date of manufacture is listed on the back of all CO detectors.

Comments are closed.