BREAKING: Lakewood family hospitalized, one unconscious, after CO from vehicle fills home

A family in Lakewood was hospitalized, one in critical condition, after Carbon Monoxide filled their home, Lakewood Police Sergeant Mike Young confirmed to TLS.

Police and EMS rushed to the home approximately 2 PM this afternoon for reports of two people unconscious in the home.

Upon arrival, one of the parties were found unconscious, and EMS initiated CPR. The other had regained consciousness.

Officials tell TLS the Carbon Monoxide apparently came from the exhaust of a vehicle being worked on in the garage.

“At the time, the men had closed the garage door due to the cold weather while the vehicle was inside running,” Lieutenant Greg Staffordsmith said.

CO levels were at approximately 300 PPM, a fire official said.

All parties were transported by Lakewood EMS to Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus. Ages ranged from 11 years old to 47.

The incident is under investigation, and the home was boarded up by the Inspection Department, Sergeant Young said.

[TLS-CCP/TLS-CCP/TLS-GS]

This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected].

Stay up to date with our news alerts by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

**Click here to join over 15,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

**Click here to join the official TLS WhatsApp Community!**

Got a news tip? Email us at [email protected], Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.

Check out the latest on TLS instagram

11 COMMENTS

  1. Repair garages have a ‘vacuum pipe’ for this, so they can have the engine running while inside, it probably doesn’t cost much, if one does repairs fairly often.

Comments are closed.