Tomorrow, the Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee will hold a hearing to turn the spotlight on the issue of police suicide and what the state can do in terms of prevention. Committee Chairman Gordon Johnson, a retired police officer, called the hearing, in part, because of New Jersey’s unusually high police suicide rate in comparison to the national average.
At the hearing, several officials are expected to testify including:
– Anthony F. Wieners, State President, NJ State PBA
– Dave Jones, President, STFA
– Ken Burkert, Peer Assistance Response Team Coordinator, NJ State PBA
– Jim Nester, NJ State Police, Office of Employee Services
– Dr. Gene Stefanelli, NJ State PBA Staff Psychologist
– Cherie Castellano, NJ Cop2Cop (state crisis intervention system)
– Cathy Kelly, Survivor of suicide victim, Ewing, NJ
Last June, Trooper Scott Graham was found dead in his patrol car on the 195 after taking his life while on the job. The father of 3 was a State Trooper for 10 years. TLS.
Taxes, Tolls, Traffic & mexicans to name a few reasons!
bless our police, fire, emts and military!
Comments are closed.