1) If you collect (or should be collecting) sales tax in the state of NY, you very likely received an email with the subject “Important Information for Tax Calculation Services Sellers”.
It’s an automated email that pretty much says that Amazon will be sending to NY State Department of Taxation and Finance the amount of sales you had going to NY state customers. They likely want to see that the amount you collected matches the amount that you filed. You can see the amount of sales tax you collected by going to Reports — > Tax Document Library for any given period.
2) Infringement suspension are happening at an extremely high rate of late. If you are selling a branded item, try to make sure you have the legal right to sell the item on that platform in NEW condition. Just because you’re allowed to sell on .com, it does not mean you can sell on all Amazon platforms and visa versa. Also, the fact that “others” are selling it is not proof that it’s allowed.
If the email address given is to a law firm, it is highly unlikely they will “work with you” and send a letter to Amazon and rescind the complaint. Google the brand and try to find the owner who may be more understanding and sympathetic to the situation. This is especially true if your suspended for an ASIN and don’t care not to list that brand any more, and just want your account reinstated
3) If you are a PL seller and you are “copying” a branded game for example, using the real, trademarked game name in your listing can get you into serious trouble.
4) Infringement Extortion. Some “lawyers” representing brands are claiming copy write infringement and are then saying “Pay me and this goes away”. In some cases, it turns out that the lawyer was not actually representing the brand at all. If this happens, seek professional legal advice. HT CS
5) If you are running a Giveaway promo for a PL item and you want to make sure each reviewer gets one item and that it doesn’t get passed around social media, the promo needs to be created exactly right. One mistake can cost you your inventory for that item. Here is a great step by step guide http://tinyurl.com/codesCorrectly
6) When sending in invoices for “inauthentic”, ensure your paperwork actually says “Invoice”, not “Order Acknowledgement”, “packing slip”, “proforma”, “order confirmation” or any variations and is saved in the right format. Also, ask all suppliers for itemized invoices, where the brand and manufacturer’s name are clear;
Ed Rosenberg – to join an incredible sellers group of like-minded sellers, e-mail [email protected]
Previous articles from same author