Alarm Clock to Blame for Home Fire in Lakewood [PHOTOS]

The fire that broke out at a home in Lakewood last night was caused by an alarm clock, TLS has learned.

Shortly before 10:00 PM, a child reportedly woke up to a smoke alarm, and found his plug-in alarm clock burning on his night stand.

The family managed to escape without injury, but the home sustained serious damage.

The Fire Marshal’s office is investigating.

This content, and any other content on TLS, may not be republished or reproduced without prior permission from TLS. Copying or reproducing our content is both against the law and against Halacha. To inquire about using our content, including videos or photos, email us at [email protected].

Stay up to date with our news alerts by following us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

**Click here to join over 20,000 receiving our Whatsapp Status updates!**

**Click here to join the official TLS WhatsApp Community!**

Got a news tip? Email us at [email protected], Text 415-857-2667, or WhatsApp 609-661-8668.


  1. OK, so are you gonna tell us what kind of alarm it was or the name of it so people know to get rid of those so they don’t come into the same negative situation

  2. The Alarm Clock was probably Not UL Listed.
    There is a tremendous amount of cheap dangerous junk on-line and in stores.
    Whenever I purchase a small appliance, a power strip or an extension cord I always make sure that it has a UL Listed ( or ETL which follows UL standards) engraving ( I don’t trust a UL Listed sticker).

  3. Does anyone know where they are sold? The Mashgiach of my Yeshiva would like to buy one for every Bochur. After everything else failed he’s hoping this will get the boys to Minyan on time.

Comments are closed.